Shadows of Adam
- MSRP: $14.99
- NA/EU: May 3, 2019
- JP: December 19, 2019
- Genre: Role-Playing, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Publisher: CIRCLE Entertainment
- Download size: 1.205 GB
- Metacritic: tbd 7.7
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 11½ hours
- Main + Extra: 13½ hours
- Completionist: 20 hours
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
Price historyAll time low: $10.49
Shadows of Adam is a unique take on a classic genre - a retro JRPG built for the modern era.
Tucked away from the outside world by the impenetrable haze of the Misty Woods, the village of Adam has mostly lived in peace since the days of the Wraith War. The dark power that fueled that war has vanished, but darkness is descending once more and Adam's legendary hero, Orazio, is no more.
10 years ago he left without explanation and never returned, leaving his son and adopted daughter to wrestle with the dark secret he left behind—a secret that must now be revealed if the children hope to save both Adam and their departed father, though its revelation could unhinge the world.
Shadows of Adam is a creative, humorous and exciting take on the 16-bit JRPG era, but with its own twists and style for the modern day gamer. Fast-paced battles, gorgeous graphics, an awesome soundtrack and the convenience to save anywhere you like make it tough to resist! Whether playing on the TV or in handheld mode, the game’s glorious pixels will immerse you in the adventure and its memorable scenes.
• Compelling Character Driven Story: Shadows of Adam’s story is one with a deep narrative and an interesting plot. The story revolves around 4 main characters: Asrael, Kellan, Curtis and Talon.
• A Strategic AP Management Battle System: AP is restored between each round of battle automatically and through defeating enemies. This allows a unique attrition system that encourages skill use and fast combat.
• Beautiful Visuals: Shadows of Adam features beautifully modernized visuals inspired by classic JRPGs of the '90s.
• Original Soundtrack With Over 44 Tracks: An original soundtrack by Tyler Mire that’s inspired by music from the genre's greatest games. This soundtrack includes unique themes for each area and character and has an emphasis on strong melodies and an emotional connection.