Hi! I'm Michael Fairley, the developer behind Deku Deals.
I bought a Switch in 2017, and I quickly got annoyed at how hard it was to find out about game sales. I use IsThereAnyDeal to get notified about PC game deals across multiple stores, and I want something like that to exist for the Switch as well, so I built it!
Deku Deals officially launched in March 2018, and I've been running it as a one-man project ever since. I'm responsible for keeping all of the data on here accurate and up to date, and I'm also constantly adding new features and other improvements to the site.
How can I help financially support Deku Deals?
- Become a patron to contribute to continual development of Deku Deals. Patrons get an ad-free experience while browsing the site and are the first to be notified when new sales start.
- Support via PayPal for one-time contributions.
- Buy through the links on dekudeals.com: Many of the retailers I link to (not including the eShop) give me a small cut (usually 1%) of the sales I refer to them.
10% of the money I make through Deku Deals is donated to these gaming related charities, and I encourage you to support them as well:
- AbleGamers helps people with disabilities acquire the specialized equipment they need to be able to play video games.
- Child's Play provides children's hospitals with video games for kids to play with as distraction or as part of therapy.
What's with the name?
What's the site built with?
A few of the pieces that I consider the most important:
I've got a feature request! Or a bug report! Or a partnership opportunity! How can I contact you?
Feel free to get in touch with me by email at email@example.com (or on Twitter at @dekudeals) for anything Deku Deals related.
The Deku Deals Kampsite is the best way to submit feature requests, as the votes on there help me prioritize.
What are your favorite Switch games?
Short answer: BOTW
Slightly longer answer: Take a look at Michael's Picks