Castle of no Escape 2
- Released: November 22, 2019
- Genre: Role-Playing, Adventure, Strategy, Arcade
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: D.E.X. Team
- Publisher: Tendokore
- Download size: 223 MB
- Metacritic: tbd tbd
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 2½ hours
- Completionist: 4½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Russian
|All time low|
Prepare yourself for the dangers of the cursed castle! Explore 6 x 6 x 6 = 216 rooms of randomly generated hazards and enemies in a retro adventure!
Countless heroes have tried and failed to destroy the ancient spell that holds the castle walls. Meanwhile, hundreds of monsters are roaming inside, guarding the sword shards — the last known thing to be capable of defeating the demonic castle owner, thus shattering its magical structure.
Although you are not alone — some help could be obtained from the merchants, who, for reasons not truly understood, offer their services right inside the lair of evil. Though, it seems to be only a matter of time for them to disappear...
Plan your every step carefully, because save points aren't a thing in a rogue-lite game! There is, however, another option. There are two difficulty modes: PAL/NTSC. If the game feels too unforgiving, you can tone down the difficulty, lowering the framerate to 50 (PAL). Note, though, that music and sounds become more evil at the 83% of their original pitch.
Just like in old NES games, you need to input 13 characters to get back to your game session. Still, the powers of evil prevent you from saving anything much more than the artefacts you've found…
- Pixel art style graphics inspired by the 8-bit era of gaming.
- Various playable characters with different game styles and more to unlock.
- Randomly generated castle, 216 rooms to overcome.
- Old school password system and two difficulty modes that come from retro gaming.