- MSRP: $39.99
- NA/EU: August 28, 2018
- JP: August 30, 2018
- Genre: Fighting, Action, Application
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1 - 2
- Online: 2
- Developer: Studio Saizensen
- Publisher: Nicalis
- Download size: 2.696 GB
- Metacritic: 75 7.9
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 2 hours
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English
|All-time best price|
|Sale ends July 17|
|From 3rd party seller: $39.99|
|All time low (physical):||$22.99||(-43%)|
|All time low (digital):||$9.99||(-75%)|
A malevolent force known only as Lina is devouring data from a vast, interdimensional network of servers overseen by sentient computers called ”motes.” In desperation, the motes summon heroes from a variety of parallel game worlds to face off against each other in one-on-one combat. The tournament victor has the potential to be awakened as the Blade Stranger—the savior who can vanquish Lina and protect the motes from further harm!
Developed by Studio Saizensen, Blade Strangers is a hardcore old-school fighting game. The streamlined four-button control scheme makes it easy for beginners to deal out damage from day one…but the intricate combos, counters and specials give tournament-caliber players plenty of opportunities for frame counting, chain construction and hit-box science.
• Fighter roster includes popular characters from previous Studio Saizensen and/or Nicalis games, including Code of Princess EX, Cave Story+, the Umihara Kawase series and The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+. Other surprise entrants include the well-known indie superstars Shovel Knight and Gunvolt.
• Accessible and intuitive controls designed to bring fresh blood to the ranks of fighting game players everywhere.
• Play offline Story, Missions, Arcade and Versus modes or try to climb the leaderboards in the highly-competitive Online modes.
• Tutorial and Training modes are available for beginner and advanced players.
• Each character has alternate color settings and their own familiar “home” stage for players to select.
• Proprietary development system transforms 3D models and animation into 2D spritework; every frame looks like a gorgeous anime drawing come to life!