The Shapeshifting Detective
- MSRP: $12.99
- NA/EU: November 6, 2018
- JP: March 26, 2020
- Genre: Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: D'Avekki Studios
- Publisher: Wales Interactive
- Download size: 5.629 GB
- Metacritic: 69 tbd
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 3 hours
- Main + Extra: 3½ hours
- Completionist: 5 hours
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified)
Price historyAll time low: $6.49
a case of mistaken identities
The Shapeshifting Detective is a supernatural-noir murder mystery FMV game. Play as a detective and investigate the murder by shapeshifting into any character. Even the next victim.
Dorota Shaw is dead. And the prime suspects are three tarot readers with the uncanny ability to predict murder - or commit it. It’s your job to find out what else they know - but they won’t reveal their dark secrets to just anyone… Luckily, you can be anyone you want to be.
The game features more than 1600 full HD video responses, a simple questioning interface with unique ‘delete’ mechanic, and a randomly chosen murderer at the start of the game. Developed by the World Record-breaking makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker".
● Shapeshift - into nine other characters so you can investigate and manipulate relationships from all angles, and unlock the other half of the story.
● Suspense - solve a murder, stop a murder, don’t get caught. Any one of three random murderers helps to minimize spoilers.
● Choices matter - catch the killer, save the victims, make and break relationships – or don’t.
● Problem solving - can’t get that vital clue yourself? Try shapeshifting into the Police Chief. Think the dialogue options are a trap? Delete them.
● 100% FMV - an entire game of smooth FMV cutscenes and responses in first person perspective.
● Catalytic events - not all branching is binary. Push someone into a corner and they may have more than one way to react.