The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel
- Released: December 15, 2021
- Genre: Adventure, Role-Playing
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: eastasiasoft, Yang Yang Mobile
- Publisher: eastasiasoft
- Download size: 1.238 GB
- Metacritic: 74 tbd
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|All time low|
When seven people fall prey to a vicious curse, they discover that the true threat rests not within the shadows, but within their own hearts and minds. The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel is an interactive horror-themed drama inspired by classic Asian horror films. Told through an immersive branching narrative, the game casts players in the ever-shifting roles of seven characters as they find themselves entangled in a mystery that’s plagued Ermengarde Mansion for centuries.
The choices you make will shape and drive the story forward. Will you mend a relationship on the verge of collapse, or will you let it fall apart? Will you risk saving someone despite the consequences you could face or leave them to meet a gruesome end? Beyond the horror themes of The Letter: A Horror Visual Novel, there is heavy emphasis on character development and interaction. The fate of each of these individuals is in your hands.
• Discover a sprawling narrative of more than 700,000 words!
• Make key decisions that directly impact the story’s course.
• Play as 7 different characters, each with unique motives and personality.
• Explore more than 80 backdrops, 100 CGs and 50 epilogue variations!
• Customize your experience with optional quick-time events and English voiceovers.
• Enjoy animated sprites and scenes that breathe life into your surroundings.
• Utilize a journal feature that jots down clues and tracks events in chronological order.