The Gardens Between
- Released: September 20, 2018
- Genre: Puzzle, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: The Voxel Agents
- Publisher: The Voxel Agents
- Download size: 1.699 GB
- Metacritic: 79 7.6
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 2½ hours
- Main + Extra: 2½ hours
- Completionist: 2½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Traditional)
|Sale ends February 10|
|All time low|
Manipulate Time In A Surreal World.
The Gardens Between is a single-player adventure-puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship: the memories they’ve built, what must be let go, and what should never be left behind.
Lost in a mysterious realm where cause and effect are malleable, the friends find that time flows in all directions. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
"...full of creative touches and small magical moments."
“...that first ‘wow’ experience comes in its opening few minutes, and more keep coming thick and fast as you realise just how clever the time-bending nature of its puzzles really is .”
"A miniature meditative masterwork."
- The Guardian
"The difficulty of the game was absolutely perfect for me."
"A very unique game I absolutely adored. 9.5/10"
- Gaming Boulevard
"A magical journey that’s well worth your time"
• Solve bespoke and original puzzles in this gorgeous single player experience
• Manipulation of time makes cause and effect malleable
• More than twenty gorgeous and surreal gardens islands to explore
• Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
• Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
• Designed for accessibility; simple controls, free from text, speech and complex UI
• Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
• Playtime: Roughly 2 ~ 4 hours depending on puzzle solving confidence
• Nominated for an IGF 2018 award in Visual Excellence, amongst 18 other international award nominations
• Featured in numerous festivals including; Indie MEGABOOTH (PAX East, West), IndieArena, IGF, IGF China, Out of Index, ACMI, PAX AUS Showcase, Unity Showcase and BIC Fest