The Gardens Between
- MSRP: $19.99
- Released: September 20, 2018
- Genre: Puzzle, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: The Voxel Agents
- Publisher: The Voxel Agents
- Download size: 1.699 GB
- Metacritic: 79 7.6
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 2½ hours
- Main + Extra: 2½ hours
- Completionist: 2½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Traditional)
|All-time best price|
|Sale ends July 6|
Price historyAll time low: $6.19
Manipulate Time In A Surreal World
The Gardens Between is a single-player adventure-puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship: the memories they’ve built, what must be let go, and what should never be left behind.
Lost in a mysterious realm where cause and effect are malleable, the friends find that time flows in all directions. Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their significant moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
"An impeccably crafted minimalist model of video game and puzzle design. A masterwork."
- The Guardian
“A masterpiece in minimalist storytelling. A must-have title for anyone who enjoys puzzle games.”
- Gaming Trend
“An incredibly clever and frighteningly intricate puzzle formula.”
- Nintendo Life
"Full of creative touches and small magical moments."
"A magical journey that’s well worth your time."
“You really need to play it.’
• Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
• Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
• Gorgeous single player experience with a meaningful personal story
• Bespoke ingenious puzzles require the manipulation of time to solve
• More than twenty mysterious and surreal garden islands to explore
• Accessible design; simple controls, and no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
• Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
• 'Game of the Year' Winner at AGDA 2018
• 'Most Innovative Game' Winner by RocketBeans.tv 2018
• 'Visual Excellence' Finalist at IGF 2018
• 'Best of MIX' Winner at MIX Seattle 2018
• 'Game Design Excellence' Winner BIC Fest 2017
• 'Final Selection' of more than 16 international festivals
... and fourteen more industry award nominations