The Bug Butcher
- NA/EU: November 8, 2018
- JP: December 6, 2018
- Genre: Action, Arcade, Action
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1 - 2
- Developer: Awfully Nice Studios
- Publisher: 2Awesome Studio
- Download size: 218 MB
- Metacritic: 80 7.8
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 2 hours
- Main + Extra: 5 hours
- Completionist: 6½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|Matches previous low|
|Sale ends August 6|
|All time low|
A fast paced action shooter inspired by the arcade classic Super Buster Bros! Use a wide selection of weapons and power-ups to tear through increasingly challenging levels.
The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D side scrolling shoot'em up game where peril comes from above.
So in a nutshell, pest control with machine guns in space. The core mechanics hold old ties from the classic arcade shooter “Super Pang” where you shoot vertically, but with modern day twists. You are Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs.
- Chaotic, fast paced action shooting inspired by the arcade classic Super Pang!
- Play solo or in local co-op
- 30 levels and 5 merciless boss fights crammed with relentless waves of bugs
- Online leaderboards and 3 difficulty modes offer the ultimate challenge
- Upgradeable Weapons and Power-ups to make any trigger happy player smile
- Handcrafted 2D graphics with explosion animations galore