- MSRP: $7.99
- Released: August 18, 2021
- Genre: Action, Platformer, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: eastasiasoft, ZOO Corporation
- Publisher: eastasiasoft
- Download size: 140 MB
- Metacritic: tbd tbd
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 3 hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone 10+
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English
|All time low|
Journey deep into the abyss as a daring adventurer of your own design! Start in a humble hub town and venture into dungeons with varied biomes, each more dangerous than the last. Decide your character’s look, alter colors, craft weapons and armor from the loot you gather, upgrade your equipment and choose from a wide range of skill enhancements.
Rogue Explorer retains the challenge of classic roguelikes without the harsh restrictions or futile frustrations. Every “metroidvania” style dungeon in Rogue Explorer features multiple layers – upper levels do not change for a day, shifting in their layout only after the in-game day/night cycle has progressed, while deeper journeys take you into more dangerous dungeons that unpredictably change every time you enter them. But don’t worry too much! Even if you fail a quest, your dear character will survive and retain their gear, losing only the stat boosts and special skills unlocked on the last journey into the Abyss Tower.
Leave no corner unsearched as you jump, roll and leap off walls! Open chests to acquire swords, spears and staffs that can be set as primary or secondary weapons. Combine and synthesize more powerful items. Stack the deck in your favor before facing the monstrous bosses of each dungeon, from giant skeletons and minotaurs to dragons and even greater terrors!
• Explore more than 10 dungeon types, each with different levels of challenge!
• Customize your character’s appearance, from hairstyle and color to the gear they use.
• Navigate side-scrolling stages with dynamic leaps, rolls and wall jumps!
• Gather loot to craft or upgrade your weapons and armor.
• Choose between alternate skills and buffs as you level up.
• Take down gigantic bosses guarding the deepest reaches of the Abyss Tower!