Road To Guangdong
- MSRP: $24.99
- Released: August 28, 2020
- Genre: Adventure, Simulation
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: Just Add Oil
- Publisher: Excalibur Games
- Download size: 590 MB
- Metacritic: 62 tbd
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 3 hours
- Completionist: 5 hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|All time low|
"Road to Guangdong will likely land within the top 10 games I’ve played in 2020" - 4/5 - HeyPoorPlayer
"relentlessly charming" - 8/10 - Bonus Stage
"wonderfully authentic" - TheSixthAxis
Penned by acclaimed author Yen Ooi, Road to Guangdong is a beautiful story-focused zen driving experience. Drive your beloved family car through 90s China.
Part interactive story, part zen driving experience; you play Sunny. In the wake of a family tragedy, you set out on a quest that will take you across 1990’s Guangdong.
On a mission to revive their struggling family restaurant, Sunny and Guu Ma must visit long-lost relatives in search of secrets that will bring diners flooding back.
But it won’t be easy.
A treasured part of her family for longer than Sunny can remember, Sandy has carried her loved ones through many a crisis. But her beloved car is falling apart and she’ll need a helping hand to respond to this latest emergency. Only careful driving and regular checks under the bonnet will enable her to carry Sunny to the climax of her quest.
• Explore the sights and sounds of Guangdong through vibrant animations and a memorable soundtrack.
• Fall in love with a colourful cast of characters, each with unique personalities and rich backstories.
• Maintain your car by keeping tabs on fuel consumption, tyre wear and engine condition.