- MSRP: Free
- Released: April 7, 2021
- Genre: Arcade
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Online: 1 - 99
- Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
- Download size: 850 MB
- Metacritic: 76 7.7
- OpenCritic:  80
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 3½ hours
- Main + Extra: 20½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|All time low|
PAC-MAN 99, which is currently available as a benefit for Nintendo Switch Online members, will soon be discontinued. Distribution of the main game and sales for each DLC will end accordingly.
End date schedule is as follows:
• August 8, 2023 (Tue) 8:00 AM PDT
Discontinued content: Paid custom themes
• September 8, 2023 (Fri) 8:00 AM PDT
Discontinued content: PAC-MAN 99 Deluxe Pack / PAC-MAN 99 Mode Unlock
• October 8, 2023 (Sun) 9:00 PM PDT
Discontinuation of online services for the main game / distribution of the main game and free custom themes
Even after online services are discontinued for the main game, users who own either of the paid DLCs (PAC-MAN 99 Deluxe Pack or PAC-MAN 99 Mode Unlock) can continue to enjoy CPU BATTLE, BLIND TIME ATTACK, and SCORE ATTACK in offline mode.
In addition, please note:
• PAC-MAN 99 themes that were purchased can be used in offline mode.
• Purchased content can be re-downloaded even after discontinuation of sales.
• PAC-MAN 99 Deluxe Pack includes all paid downloadable content, so please be careful not to make duplicate purchases.
It's an all-new flavor of PAC-MAN! Test your chomping chops in a 99-player Pac-Royale!
◆ A 99-player online PAC-MAN battle royale!
40 years after the classic Pac-phenomenon rocked the gaming world, PAC-MAN is back in a new 99-man battle royale. Get back in the maze and chase down the iconic ghosts. Who will be the last PAC-MAN standing?
◆ Switch between eight different strategies and send Jammer Pac-Man to get in your opponents' way!
Eat a Power Pellets to turn the ghosts blue and make them vulnerable. Eat them to send Jammer Pac-Man to your opponents! The more ghosts you eat, the more Jammers you'll send!
Eat a Ghost Train for a huge comeback!
Gain the upper hand by switching between eight different preset strategies: speed up, send extra Jammers, and more. Switching at just the right moment could give you an edge over your rivals!
◆ Make the game look like your favorite NAMCO classics!
You can purchase downloadable custom themes based on Xevious, GALAGA, Dig Dug, and more to change the look of the game.
There are twenty different classic themes in all! Plus, they do more than change the graphics! Check out the sounds too!
Which classic NAMCO title is the one for you?