MIND: Path to Thalamus
- NA: December 13, 2018
- EU: December 27, 2018
- Genre: Adventure, Puzzle, First-Person
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: Pantumaca Barcelona
- Publisher: Carlos Coronado
- Download size: 2.213 GB
- Metacritic: tbd 5.5
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: 4 hours
- Main + Extra: 5 hours
- Completionist: 6½ hours
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|All time low|
First Person Puzzler that throws you into a fantastic and surreal environment. You will bend the natural elements to your will in order to progress in this emotive, mindbending tale.
Wrapped in a mind-bending tale, the gameplay of “MIND” focuses on changing the very weather in order to solve puzzles: the player will cycle between day and night, modify the levels of fog and rain and even travel in time between seasons, changing the environment to advance the gameplay-driven story —indeed, the mechanics are directly related to who the protagonist is, what has happened to him and everything he is doing: a man trapped in his own mind, he must use all the tools at his disposition to escape to reality. Accompanied by the snarky yet heartfelt narration of this comatose patient, the player will guide him through fantastical forests, dark caverns and deceptive worlds of water and ice that directly relate to his emotional state at each point in his journey.
• 4 secret levels, redesigned interactive ending, narration and also an alternative ending.
• More than 40 different, creative puzzles seamlessly integrated into the environment.
• 6 ways to affect the environment in order to solve the puzzles.
• More than 25 distinct landscapes into with which you will be able to interact.
• Turn day to night, make it so everything is covered by a blinding fog, summon incredible storms, travel to the past and make use of even more as of yet unknown mechanics.
• More than an hour of voice acting that, while integrated into the gameplay itself, will tell you a whole story that is not about saving the world but about living through the pain of a father broken by his mistakes.
• Face down imposing enemies by using your creativity and everything you have learnt along the way.