|All time low
• Explore a massive world with unique islands and landscapes. Discuss rumors and discover the origins of each island by talking to the people that live there.
• Expect the unexpected when at sea. Events you may be unprepared for may occur such as a foodborne illness among your crew. You'll need to have access to the right supplies and have the experience to keep your ship afloat.
• A casual but real challenge - While simple to pickup and understand, there are numerous events that only an experienced swashbuckler will be prepared for. This makes the game more satisfying for long term pirates.
• Thoughtfully executed cutscenes that help to bring the world to life as well as reward pirates that explore.
• Sailing between islands is necessary to expand your control over the world and to increase your reputation.
• Tending to the morale, hunger, and thirst of your crew will require you to maintain a supply of food/water and consider whether or not rationing food is required during long journeys.
• Governing islands you've conquered is a difficult responsibility as you will need to solve economic issues before they get out of hand.
• Purchase larger ships as you fight your way through the sea. Famously powerful vessels such as the Galleon and Man of War are but a few of the available ships.