- MSRP: $19.99
- Releases: July 24, 2020
- Genre: Role-Playing, Action, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1
- Developer: Dreadlocks
- Publisher: QubicGames
- Download size: 6.032 GB
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese (Simplified)
Price historyAll time low: $19.99
Plug into the cyberpunk world of Dex, a 2D action-RPG with non-linear gameplay. Explore, fight, talk and hack through a neo-noir adventure!
You play as the mysterious blue-haired girl named Dex who is being hunted by a powerful and enigmatic organization for her unique abilities. Explore the misty, futuristic streets of Harbor Prime in this open-world dystopia. Unearth plots and intrigues, forge alliances and take the fight to your enemies on your quest to take down the system!
The world of Dex is designed as a tribute to some of the greatest neo-noir and cyberpunk worlds with a mature storyline, murky atmosphere and distinct characters. Gameplay is a throwback to classic 2D platforming and action games but mixed with deep RPG elements, interactive dialogues and real-time combat.
Customize your character’s skills and equipment to match your desired playstyle - kill from shadows as a silent assassin, fight the power head on as a gunfighter, use persuasion like a sly diplomat or fight from a distance in cyberspace as a hacker. Blur the line between being human and "cyborg" by installing augmentations that grant you superhuman abilities and open up new paths in Harbour Prime like classic Metroidvania titles.
- Deep RPG mechanics mixed with side-scrolling 2D action
- Non-linear gameplay set in a cyberpunk open-world
- Intriguing and mature plot in a neo-noir atmosphere
- Multiple dialogue choices with branching outcomes
- Full English voice over
- Multiple playstyles - stealth, open combat, diplomat, hacker or a mix of the above
- Various customization options - choose your equipment, skills and even cybernetic implant skills to open up new paths in the city
- Unique hacking mechanic that lets you dive into Cyberspace