- NA/EU: April 29, 2021
- JP: June 30, 2021
- Genre: Arcade, Multiplayer, Adventure
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1 - 2
- Developer: Bitmap Bureau
- Publisher: Numskull Games
- Download size: 166 MB
- Metacritic: 75 tbd
- How Long To Beat:
- Main Story: <1 hour
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)
|All time low|
Battle Axe is an arcade top-down hack & slash featuring high-quality visuals created by veteran pixel artist Henk Nieborg, true to form game mechanics, and music from the legendary VGM composer Manami Matsumae – retro gamers rejoice!
For as long as you and your people can remember, your homeland of Mercia has been held in the tyrannical grip of “Etheldred”; a despotic sorceress in the distant icy wastelands to the north.
Every seven years she sends her armies south to handpick inhabitants from each township who will be subjected to a life of slavery, and they are never heard from again. A call is sent out to champions across the land pleading with them to put an end to her rule.
An elf, a wizard and a marauder answer the call. Join this band of heroes on their quest the vanquish evil from the land once and for all!
• Pixel art fun – an adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed characters and environments to enjoy with every frame
• Hack n’ slash adventure – familiar yet revitalised, thanks to new gameplay elements, improved controls and pixel perfect animations
• Enjoy a timeless melody – a superb soundtrack by legendary composer Manami Matsumae
• Solo or co-op – choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op