99Vidas - Definitive Edition
- Demo Available
- Released: November 27, 2018
- Genre: Arcade, Action, Multiplayer, Fighting
- Number of players:
- Offline: 1 - 4
- Online: 2 - 4
- Developer: QUByte Interactive
- Publisher: QUByte Interactive
- Download size: 446 MB
- Metacritic: tbd 7.1
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Play modes: TV, Tabletop, Handheld
- Languages: English, Portuguese
|All time low|
The definitive 99Vidas experience! More Stages, More Enemies, More Game Modes!
'99Vidas' is a brawler set in a contemporary world, that pays tribute to both the classic and the new in the gaming industry. Brought to you in 16-bit pixelated glory, chock-full of references to not only gaming but also 80's and 90's pop culture. '99Vidas' takes full advantage of modern era gameplay mechanics, making it the best of both worlds.
• 11 Playable characters
• Up to 4 players in Co-op, both local and online
• Story, Arcade, Remix, Versus and Survival Modes
• Epic Boss Fights
• Multiple Endings
• Upgradable skills, Combos and Special Attacks
The game features 11 playable characters and multiple cooperative and competitive game modes, for up to four players, which can be played either locally or online.
Each of these characters has unique attributes, like speed and strength, as well as an elemental alignment (Fire, Water, Wind, Lightning...), which modify their regular attacks, combos and special moves. Different from more traditional games in the genre, characters gain experience points by defeating enemies and collecting special items which can then be used by the player to upgrade their abilities and combos, or even unlock new ones.